Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I MIGRATED MY FILES FROM A BACK UP TO A NEW MAC AND NOW I KEEP GETTING ENTER SERIAL NUMBERS ONLY TO BE TOLD THEY ARE INVALID - WHAT DO I DO?

i am getting annoyed here -

i followed all directions i was given to migrate my files from my old MacBook Pro - which lost its logic board

got a new Mac Mini -

eveything shows up but i keep getting requests for the SN #'s - which is fine as i have the disks - however i am always told that the Numbers are WRONG

How do i get this to WORK

specific issue here is aperture (at least for the moment)

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 6:17 AM

4 replies

Aug 9, 2013 6:42 AM in response to davidaaron

eveything shows up but i keep getting requests for the SN #'s - which is fine as i have the disks - however i am always told that the Numbers are WRONG

Is your Aperture installation disk an upgrade disk from Aperture 2? Then you need to enter both serial numbers - for the original Aperture 2 (or 1, if you upgraded from AP1) and the Aperture 3 serial.

Also make sure, that you do not confuse look-alike letters, like 0 and O, and that your caps lock does not stick; don't enter the numbers from the numerical key pad.

See: Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

Regards

Léonie

Aug 9, 2013 8:14 AM in response to davidaaron

Also as you have the disks it would be best if you just installed Aperture fresh rather then trying to migrate it. The Pro Apps seem to do better this way.

You will just need to use the Aperture 3 disk even if it was an upgrade from 2 but you will need both serial numbers.

As soon as you install Aperture but before you run it for the first time run software update to bring it up to current.

regards

Aug 9, 2013 8:49 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

i would like to thank both of your fro replying -

to late on the use install instead of migrate - lol - live and learn

as i would love to use the disk for version 3 - it was down-loaded - so no disk - and i can not find receipt or confermation of this in the store -

and in truth i do not remember doing the upgrade to version 3 - but that is what is appearing in the load window

this has been take to support for help in finding all information needed - or i have to downgrade to two as is the disk i have .

Aug 9, 2013 8:56 AM in response to davidaaron

If you do have the serial number for version 3 you can still download it here Aperture 3.1 Trial

If you have the serial number for version 2 and version 3 is still running on your old system you can get the serial number from it. Go to Aperture->About Aperture the serial number will be shown.

This is the full serial number if version 3 was a full version or the upgrade serial number if it was an upgrade. In this case as I mentioned above you will need the original serial number for 2.

regards

I MIGRATED MY FILES FROM A BACK UP TO A NEW MAC AND NOW I KEEP GETTING ENTER SERIAL NUMBERS ONLY TO BE TOLD THEY ARE INVALID - WHAT DO I DO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.