Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can apple upgrade my ram or do i need to do it myself.and if i do it myself does it void my warrenty

can apple upgrade my ram or do i need to do it myself.and if i do it myself does it void my warrenty

iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 6:13 AM

Yes Apple can upgrade your RAM, but that will take a large portion of your bank account. I suggest doing it yourself and save a lot of money. The new RAM will not be covered by Apple, but will have a manufacturers warranty, which usually is lifetime.

The best sources for Mac compatible RAM are OWC and Crucial.

Ciao.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2013 6:13 AM in response to ToxicApple512

Yes Apple can upgrade your RAM, but that will take a large portion of your bank account. I suggest doing it yourself and save a lot of money. The new RAM will not be covered by Apple, but will have a manufacturers warranty, which usually is lifetime.

The best sources for Mac compatible RAM are OWC and Crucial.

Ciao.

Aug 9, 2013 8:26 AM in response to ToxicApple512

if you choose to replace parts on the macbook that are not considered "user replaceable" it will void any warranty or applecare protection plan coverage you have for that hardware.

also applecare tech support or the ARS will NOT be able to assist you w/ any issues that may arise as result of you replaceing the RAM yourself. (just something to consider)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.