Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TB Display loose keyboard at least twice a day

I have a 27" TB display working with a Macbook Pro Retina 15"

Keyboard and iPhone is connected to the TBD as LAN.

This works for half a day, then the keyboard is not working untilk I cut the TBD from the MBPR and connect it again.

So it is working for another 2-5 hours - then the same again.

it ***** because the full screen apps changes every times.

what can I do?

br

peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4, 15"

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 7:29 AM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2014 4:28 PM in response to macdidge

Since the Thunderbolt Display has been released I have seen this issue on literally hundreds of display/laptop combinations. With and without the extension cable. I have not found any logic around the issue, trying different usb/thunderbolt ports, different sleep settings, power settings. This is a legitmate issue that should be addressed and Apple is not addressing it -- or can't address it. BTW-There is NO reason to engineer a product with an extension cable needed to operate the peripheral. The only way to solve this is to burn a USB port on your laptop. I am fairly certain the issue is power related over the Thunderbolt bus. However, I have also experienced issues with USB3 hubs on macs. So maybe it is a larger power issue.

Anyway, an Apple wired keyboard should just work out of the box.

TB Display loose keyboard at least twice a day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.