Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way that bulk mail won't pop up in notification center?

So I have a yahoo! email attached to my Mac Mail and all junk mail/spam gets filtered into a "bulk mail" folder that I just delete every few days. I like notification center showing me popups when I receive new mail but it also shows me notifications for these bulk mails so in the top corner of my screen I'll see "FREE PERSCRIPTION MEDICATIONS" and whatnot. These emails don't count towards "new unread mail" as I don't get the little number over the icon that I have unread mail when I get these. So is there a way to change the settings so that these don't have pop-up notifications? Presently i just turned off the notifications for all email so I don't have to hear about enlargement pills, but if there was a way to just remove these that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

MacBook

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 8:47 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2013 2:36 AM in response to Monica Shroyer

Yes, this is very awkward.

There is some setting that lets us receive notifications only for messages coming into the Inbox. That may work for you, Monica, try it out:

Mail>Preferences>General>New Message Notifications>Inbox Only.

But this solution won't work for me, because I have rules set to direct incoming messages into multiple folders, so a lot of my important mail ends up in places other than Inbox. I would need an "Except Bulk and Junk" option, and sadly enough, it isn't there.

And this question was not answered / commented since the first week of August?.. Hmm..

Is there a way that bulk mail won't pop up in notification center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.