Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Connection Kit not supported by iPad 2, any ideas?

Hello! I got an iPad 2 (WiFi + GSM) and a genuine Apple Camera Connection Kit.

When I connect the adapter to the iPad it says "This accessory is not supported by iPad".

The message appears when I connect the CCK by itself, with no SD or USB device connected, and the same happens connecting it with some device installed.

Simply ignoring this error message doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't work after ignore this message.

iPad port is not damaged, works properly charging and connecting it to my computer.

I have no covers or any kind of protector.

Both adaptors of the CCK had been tested on others iPads 2 and the CCK works OK.

My iPad iOS is 6.1.3, I tryed restoring it fully from iTunes and it doesn't solve the problem.

iPad battery charge is always full and it has a lot of free disk space.

I tryed with generics 5in1, 2in1 and others CCK and no one works on my iPad (they work on my friends iPad).

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 10:42 AM

4 replies

Aug 9, 2013 10:52 AM in response to lean20_05

Have you tried to reset your ipad when you have the issue? Hold down the sleep and home keys until you see the silver apple. Beyond that, the only thing I can think of is that there may be issues with the port on your iPad.

You look like you've ruled out issues with the CCK since it works on other devices. But none of them work on yours, which suggests that the pin(s) that handle data communication have been compromised in some way.

Camera Connection Kit not supported by iPad 2, any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.