Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer an item from imac to an AirMac

I transfered all of my content from my iMac to a new AirMac and it worked great.

Is there a way to transfer only a item that is on my iMac to the AirMac?

My iMac is a 2008 purchase.

For desktop items it is not an issue as I can just e-mail it to myself, but there are updates, new entries to Bento and iPhoto, Aperture, etc that I would like to transfer.

I read a few topics about using the iMac is a monotor and it required a mini display port which my iMac does not have.

Thanks

Greg

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 11:14 AM

5 replies

Aug 9, 2013 3:01 PM in response to greg1424

OK!

Let me give 2 examples:
I transferred Aperture to the Air Mac
and since the transfer, I have download and PP several photos, I have updated a Bento file from 5600 names to 6200 names.

Currently the only way I can think of is to repost all the Bento files and put the PP photos in an e-mail and send it to my address and manually enter it into Aperture.

I hope I am making sense of this.

Greg

Aug 9, 2013 3:20 PM in response to greg1424

Ah! Thnaks for clarifying. You're trying to keep the two machines synched. That's a difficult proposition without having both on a local network and enabling sharing. I don't know of any software that does that, so you'll have to check around for that. IIRC, iCloud can deal with some Apple app stuff, but I don't do cloudy stuff.

How to transfer an item from imac to an AirMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.