Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

you do not have enough access privileges for this operation !!

Hi All

I know this isnt the first time this question has been asked as i have done many searches and have not found a solution for windows 8 64 bit yet !

Firstly some history

I havent updated my iphone playlists for a while so thought i would download some new tracks create some new playlists etc, i started by downloading some new tracks then set about creating new playslists, i noticed all my old ones had disapeared but didnt think much of it as i was going to create some new ones anyway, when creating the new playlists i noticed that a fair few of my favourite tracks were missing, so i then did an internet search and found that i could get them back by restore an itunes library from the recycle bin which i did sucessfully,

After doing this i noticed that around 200 or so existing tracks plus the 10-15 new oners had gone into the cloud not a problem i thought i'll just redownload them and add to my playlists and thats when i got the message in the thread title, it also says check network connections which i have done and i have check permissioning with my firewall (McAfee) and all apple programs have full access, there are no denied permissions in itunes properties, the only thing i have noticed is that is when right clicking properties i dont seem to be able to uncheck the attributes from read only despite windows appearing to make the changes the second i go back in to properties the read only box in attributes is still checked !?

I have read a few solutions but none seem to work for me

If anyone has solved this on windows 8 or has an idea it would be most gratefully recieved

Forgive me if i dont reply instantly to suggestions

Rgds

Tony

Windows 8

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 2:44 AM

Solved it at last just need to change the media folder location !

3 replies

Aug 20, 2013 11:30 AM in response to JLFerg

HI Jody

I am no genius, so it may not work for you !

All i had to do was go my C drive and confirm the location of my itunes media, then open itunes select edit>preferences then advanced, and check the itunes media folder location is the same as where the files are held on my C drive and hey presto i was able to download from the cloud

Try that first, what i did was restore my previous itunes library first from the recyle bin (itunes moved it there on one of the updates) i probably should of just done the above first !

Hope it works for you !!

Tony

you do not have enough access privileges for this operation !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.