Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes won't let me play songs from the search feature

hi, I've been trying to figure this one out. when i type a song in the itunes search feature it shows up as usual but when i click it so it'll play nothing happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. previous versions allowed users to play songs directly from the search feature just by clicking on it once it appears on the the results right? but the recent updates including the newest one Itunes 11.0.4.4 don't, at least for my case. i was on itunes 11.0 i think, then i updated it last night hoping it will fix it but it didn't. i still need to manually search for a song by scrolling up and down on my library instead of just typing the song title on the search bar then clicking on it to play. AND the weird thing is sometimes it works, but there's like a one in a million odd that it will. sometimes i had to do something with itunes like changing the page orientation through page set up, removing the arrow on the "search entire library" in the search feature then it will magically work but most of the time it doesn't. i'm on windows vista starter. hoping to get some help on this. thanks!

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 2:52 PM

7 replies

Aug 12, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Community User

I have this same problem, however, my search feature consistently works as long as I do not input more than one character. For example: if I search for "ani" it finds Ani Difranco but I won't be able to click any of the search results. If I search for "a" I will receive search results that are clickable. I am also running the latest iTunes version and cannot resolve this issue.

Apr 27, 2014 3:01 AM in response to Community User

Sorry everyone for the very late reply i was very busy. anyway after updating to a newer version of itunes, the problem went away. it was probably an application glitch? i'm not sure but it has been working well for me for probably over 3 months now? and the magnifying thing didn't worked out the way i wanted it to, only updating to a newer version did.

Jan 3, 2015 12:22 AM in response to Community User

I had the same problem. No matter how many updates I installed this problem never went away. The only solution everyone provided was to untick the search entire library option. I just found a simple solution to it today. After searching a song, use the down arrow and the search songs/results get highlighted. After that you can click on anything with your mouse.

Itunes won't let me play songs from the search feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.