Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having the same problem as Hoff. My IMAC desktop only shows blue screen. I didn't quite get what the solution was. Please help me...

My IMAC starts up but it ends up on a blue screen only and nothing. Please help me..

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 4:43 PM

3 replies

Aug 10, 2013 9:47 AM in response to william10003

Unfortunately the previous poster has no idea what he's talking about, there are no viruses for OS X! Your blue screen can be cause by a variety of problem however a virus is not one of them! I would strongly recommend educating yourself on the subject, here are two very useful articles:

Viruses, Trojans and Malware - Prevention and removal: Apple Support Communities

Thomas Reed's Mac Malware Guide

If your profile is correct and your system is running 10.6.4, then restart the computer using the install media. If it runs OK then you know it's not something like a logic board.

However I suspect you aren't still on 10.6.4, please let us know the version of OS X installed.

I am having the same problem as Hoff. My IMAC desktop only shows blue screen. I didn't quite get what the solution was. Please help me...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.