Welcome to the Support Communities!
The article below may be able to help you with this issue.
I cannot find the answer to my question. Where can I get additional help?
The iBookstore also provides support via email and phone. You can choose from the following two options:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The iBookstore support team is available to assist you by phone, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PT). Local phone numbers are available for Australia, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the U.K., and the U.S. Phone support is available in English only.
- Australia 1300 307 504 (Note that this is a low tariff number.)
- France 0805 540 117
- Germany 0800 664 5307
- Italy 800 915 902
- Netherlands 0800 0201 578
- Spain 900 812 687
- U.K. 0800 975 0615
- U.S. +1 (877) 206-2092 (Toll-free from U.S. and Canada.)
I had this error and may have found a solution:
It seems iTunes Producer automatically generates a Vendor-ID, based on the name of the package you're trying to upload. If that name contains "illegal" characters, you get that error.
Now as a standard, iTunes Producer has turned the ability to edit your Vendor-ID off. But if you go to the iTunes Producer Preferences you'll find an option – under the second tab – to make your Vendor-ID editable.
If you choose this option, you are able – on the very first screen of your package in iTunes Producer – to edit the Vendor-ID so it complies to the rules (which seem to be: containing only letters and numbers, no dashes or spaces or such).
(I'm not entirely sure if this solves your problem, because my package still won't upload because iTunes Producer now complains the sample contains versioning info – which it should, because it's an epub3-file, just like the main package. Sigh...).