Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iMovie, how do you show a clip of you talking and then a picture but your voice is still going on?

Lately on iMovie I've been trying to figure out how to do a certain editing trick. Here's an example: On the Bachelor, they do a lot of things where they will show clips of the bachelor staring off into the sunset but in the background Sean is talking about love. Then, they will continue Sean talking, but this time it's the actual clip of Sean saying all these things in an interview. Basically, I can't figure out how to edit the audio so that it is not showing someone saying the words the whole time, but at one point it will. I know this is kind've confusing, but if you know how to help, please do!

iMovie '11

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 9:40 PM

Hi

In iMovie Preferences - You turn on - Advanced Tools !

User uploaded file

Then You put Your Video Clip into the Movie project

Then You select the photo (e.g. from Media tool/Photos/iPhoto etc)

- drag this photo - ontop of the Video Clip and release

- Now You get a Menu

- Select Cutaway

User uploaded file

Done

Yours Bengt W

2 replies

In iMovie, how do you show a clip of you talking and then a picture but your voice is still going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.