8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2013 1:23 PM by Csound1
BryanTruongMedia Level 1 Level 1

I renamed the name in "Users and Groups" under system preferences to my name (Bryan) , but somehow the user is still named after the previous owner (David). It won't let me rename it even after I type in the administrator password and click the unlock thing on the bottom left. See pictures.

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.56.49 PM.png

"David" is still the user name, and it won't let me rename it. Where it says "David" I thought it should say Bryan?!

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.58.41 PM.png

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10

You need to create a new admin account that you will name Bryan. After Bryan is created log out of David and log into Bryan. Now delete the David account.

• BryanTruongMedia Level 1 Level 1

I did what you said, except that I created the new admin account named "BryanTruong". I logged into "BryanTruong" and deleted the David account from the Users folder, but then when I logged into my original "Bryan", I looked into users and it says that I'm still in "David"! All of my files are now in "Bryan", but I'm still in "David". See pictureScreen Shot 2013-08-10 at 10.55.26 AM.png:

Basically, somehow when I login to "Bryan" it takes me to "David". It's REALLY annoying me. If I could rename "David" to Bryan, and move all my stuff in there I would be happy, but I can't rename it. "David" has all my programs for some reason, and "Bryan" has all my files.

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 11.18.37 AM.png

As you can see, I'm logged into Bryan. However, I'm actually with all of "David"'s files. "David doesn't whos up in users and groups as you can see.

Why aren't you logged into Bryan Truong since that's the new account you made? Then delete the Bryan account. You should have only two accounts listed: Bryan Truong and Guest User.

"David" has all the programs that don't come standard with the macbook. (CS6 collection most importantly)

• Barney-15E Level 8 Level 8

Users don't "have" programs. They are installed in the Applications folder, available to all users.

"David" should have provided the CS6 installation disks with the sale. Just use those to reinstall if necessary.

If you don't have the CS6 installation disks provided by "David," then you are pirating software.

No, those are in the Applications folder, not in the user's folder. They won't be lost.

• Csound1 Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops

BryanTruongMedia wrote:

"David" has all the programs that don't come standard with the macbook. (CS6 collection most importantly)

I was not aware that Adobe licenses can be transferred, do you have a way of relicensing or otherwise activating CS6, if not I would leave it right where it is and live with the inconvenience.