Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to get my photos, notes, and contacts/texts back?

A few days ago I hooked my iPhone 5 up to my computer for the first time since around the time that iOS 6.1.1 was released. Since my last connection to iTunes on my computer, i had accumulated many important notes, contacts, photos, texts, and videos. When iTunes opened, it asked me if I wanted to update to the latest version of iOS (iOS 6.1.4) and I clicked the option update and download. When it finished downloading it, it asked me if I wanted to redownload the stuff I had on my phone before the update back on to my phone, which I clicked the yes option to. When it finished reuploading my stuff, I turned on my phone only to find that iTunes had instead downloaded the backup from my old iPod touch, which only held a few songs. I tried to find the backup for my iPhone, which should have synced during the update, only to find nothing. I spent about an hour trying to find all of my information that was held on my phone, but could only find the music I had purchased during the time between connections. My photos, notes, contacts etc are nowhere to be found on my phone or iTunes, or at least I haven't been able to find them. They should be somewhere on my iTunes, as my music is there, no? Can someone help me out and tell me how to retrieve all of my stuff from iTunes/iPhone without having to download anything or enter DFU mode?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, iPhone 5 32gb

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 9:17 PM

You could try restoring it to the last time you plugged it into your computer because all your information will be synced there.

2 replies

Is it possible to get my photos, notes, and contacts/texts back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.