Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A Wireless Charger

I had this sudden idea this morning while I was lamenting about my Macbook charger being all the way upstairs- I have no sort of experience with developing technology or any of the science involved, I should add- but, I think it would really bring the modern day laptop into a new realm.

The whole point of a laptop was that it would be portable and easy to take with you. However, the battery life of a laptop leaves you utterly dependent on the infamous white cord often enough, perhaps a little too often despite the so called "longer lasting battery life" of the newer laptops.

So, here's my idea: a wireless charger that connects into an outlet, but has to be in a certain range of the laptop (let's say Macbook now) and charges the Macbook wirelessly through use of sensors or something. I have no idea if this technology is even possible at the moment; I'm afraid I am terribly naive with this kind of thing, but it would be a total modernization of the laptop. Even iPads have to be plugged in eventually; they could run of the same wireless charger. Maybe even iPhones.

I understand it may be bad for the battery for someone to use it while it's charging and that is why they make the cords (and short for the iPhones), but that should be overcome by modern science, as well. It's the age of convenience, right?!

Also, there are charging stations for the wii where you simply have to place them on the pad. Touch charges them. That makes me think it wouldn't be so hard to expand that technology. And hey- maybe someone is already developing this! I had no idea.

If anyone wants to educate me in the likelihood of this or enlighten me as to what sort of technology would be needed or used, please chime in!

MacBook, iOS 6.1.4, The Future of Charging?

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 9:28 AM

1 reply

A Wireless Charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.