Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nym1ib.adnxs.com virus on my MacBook Pro..how do I resolve? symantec did not detect.

I have a nym1.ib.adnxs.com virus/malware probably from FaceBook Words with Friends tho not necessarily. Symantec does not detect it. How can I remove it?

Thanks

lholz46

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 10:18 AM

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

10 replies

Apr 14, 2014 3:21 PM in response to lholz46

I'm a bit unclear as to the problem... are you seeing ads where there should not normally be ads? If so, you may have adware installed on your Mac, or you may be on a compromised network. See my Adware Removal Guide for help identifying and fixing such problems.

As for Symantec, note that all Symantec products are bad news on the Mac. They cause all manner of problems and their ability to detect Mac malware ranges from just so-so to abysmal, depending on the product. Any Symantec product should be uninstalled immediately, and you should read my Mac Malware Guide for information on how to properly protect yourself against malware.

(Fair disclosure: My site contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. No one is required to donate.)

nym1ib.adnxs.com virus on my MacBook Pro..how do I resolve? symantec did not detect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.