Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture won't put photos in Photostream

I am suddently unable to use Aperture to upload pictures to a Photostream.

I have a photostream that I am trying to add to that has just under 300 pictures. I select the pictures I want, click the "Share" Icon, and then nothing happens. I select the pictures I want, and then drag and drop them on Photostream in the far left column, and nothing happens. I've been trying for days and cannot get pictures to go in.

I thought it was because I had so many pictures in it, but it won't even let me add them to a new stream. Any help?

I'm running Aperture 3.4.5 on OS X 10.8.4 on a 15" 2.6 GHz i7 with 8GB of RAM.

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 11:23 AM

10 replies

Aug 10, 2013 1:54 PM in response to Joshua Hawkins

Is that a stream, that you created with your current AppleID, or a stream that you subscribed to? You can only add to streams that you created.

A shared photo stream can holdup to 1000 images, but you there are limits to the number you can upload at a time. Maybe you have exceeded a limit:

See iCloud: Photo Stream limits

Are your photos in a supported format? JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats?

Dec 22, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Joshua Hawkins

Hi Joshua, did you find a solution to this problem? I´m experiencing exactly the same. Uploaded 700 photos from aperture yesterday and it just stopped uploading. Today I can't upload at all.

I get no error messages; everything looks as usual except no uploading.

What I can see, I haven’t exceeded the limits.

Aperture 3.5.1, OSX 10.9.1, 2.8 GHz i7 & 8GB of RAM.

Sep 21, 2014 3:06 PM in response to Joshua Hawkins

I have a similar problem, but as best as I can tell, it only applies to photos that have been edited. I tried uploading ~1700 photos, and ~1300 made it. All of the ones that did not make it had an adjustment badge in the lower right corner of the thumbnail. I saw another (relatively old) post about this without any response. I have also searched the web, and this thread is the only one that comes close. Does anyone following this thread have any further information about this problem and (fingers crossed) how to resolve it?

Aperture won't put photos in Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.