Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retoring from an older back up - specific situation help needed?

I've read all of the information this topic and tried several things that haven't worked for my specific situation:

On August 1st, my iPhone 4 was lost so I wiped it clean using Find iPhone. The phone was found and I went to restore it to a previous back up from the prior week around July 20th.

During the restore process (call it 'restore 1'), the computer froze/locked up.

In re-initiating the restore process a second time ('restore 2'), somehow iTunes restored it a back up created during the first attempt 'restore 1'. 'Restore 1' obviously did not have any saved data on it. I believe from reading the blogs in the Apple support communities, iTunes only saves the most recent back up as a default.

How do I restore the iphone to the previous back up from the July 20th time frame? I would imagine the data, especially the photos, are still resident on my hard drive somewhere from previous back ups.

I just tried 'Wondershare' on a trial basis and it only was able to pull up the back up from 'restore 1' which had none of the information since my iPhone was wiped.

Can anyone tell me how and where can I find the previous back ups? I'm actually only looking for the 'Camera roll' as there were many pictures and videos that are invaluable and I thought they were safely backed up on my PC. If I could locate them on my hard drive, I'd be satisfied.

One last question - if I restore my entire PC to a previous 'restore point' prior to July 20th - will it potentially go back in time and recall this previous iTunes back up?

Thanks for everyone's input.

iPhone 4, Restoring from prior back ups

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 12:30 PM

There are no replies.

Retoring from an older back up - specific situation help needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.