Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up dhcp on apple tv3

How do you change off of DHCP on an apple tv v3? I see no where that you can do this!! You go to network settings and there is no way to change it! The screen goes straight to choosing the wireless connection and the only choice is to put in your wireless password. I need to set it up with its own ip address so my network will work with it. Please help!!

Apple TV, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 12:39 PM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2013 2:56 PM in response to lkrupp

We are on a secured access point - this is for a busniess- and it is my understanding that it must have an assigned IP address in order to work with our system and connect with my computer so I can upload the files we need to do what we want it to do. The older apple tv's work great and we can set the ip address, gateway and all that for it on wireless with no problem. We had one go bad so we recently replaced it with the new one and now it wont work. We use them to run slide shows and videos for point of purchase sales and for playing slideshows of our specials and events we have going on. It is nice being wireless because we can move it where ever we want in the store. I guess our only solution is to run some cable to it which does not make it easy to move it around the store like we would like to.

Aug 10, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Plantmanem1

Well, it appears I was wrong about manual configuration on WiFi. When I select my network (the one I'm already connected to) a menu appears that shows Configure IP and Configure DNS. Both are set to automatic. If you select either one you get a screen that allows for manual configuration of IP or DNS.

Does your secure network require a password even if the IP is entered manually? If so try entering it and then see if the menus appear for manual configuration. Looks like it is possible but it's also not very straightforward either.

setting up dhcp on apple tv3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.