Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X.8 no finder window display of available hard drive space

Hi there,

When I click on an external hard drive in my finder, I no longer see the available space displayed in the bottom status bar in a finder window. The fixes I looked up were for OX X.7 and earlier (Find, View, Show View Options). The "show item info" under that option isn't much help as it clips off the info I need under the icon (and I want the info in the finder window when I select it, I don't need it junking up all my icon and folder in the desktop display). Like my Spiderman Hard Drive on my desktop reads "1 TB, 15..GB Free" it turns out there are 158 gigs free, but 15.. isn't good enough info compared to the old system of clicking on it and seeing at the bottom how much disk space is free. I don't need to know each time that it is a 1TB drive too. Any suggestions? I also don't want to click on "command, i " each time, then close that window. Just want to always see the available disk space in the bottom of the finder window when I click on a hard drive.

It sounds like a minor point, but as a video editor with tons of external hard drives, having the info of available disk space is something I really depend on.

ThanksI

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Show the Status Bar. View menu, I think,

3 replies

X.8 no finder window display of available hard drive space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.