Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Don't Any Photos on My iPod But In The Usage Data It Says That my Photos Take Up 310 MB?!

I Hve An IPod touch fourth generation. I noticed that in settings>general > usage my photos take up 310 MB!! Te problem is I don't have ANY photos stored in the photos. I deleted all my photos from photos stream and turned it off . I use Dropbox to store my photos. I deleted all my photos data off of iCloud. So now no type of photos are stored in y iPod. My problem now is why are my photos taking up so many space when I dont even have any photos?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 1:24 PM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB large usually indicates that the "other" includes corrupted files. In your case the photos may be correpted and be in the "other"

First try:

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Asdfghjkl05

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB large usually indicates that the "other" includes corrupted files. In your case the photos may be correpted and be in the "other"

First try:

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

I Don't Any Photos on My iPod But In The Usage Data It Says That my Photos Take Up 310 MB?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.