Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what would be the most recent upgrade versions for an 'E-Mac'

Anyone please help. My dad has an E-Mac. I'm trying to get everything the most up to date versions of things that I can. But I am having trouble figuring out what they are.

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 2:18 PM

If his model has an 867 MHz or faster CPU then he can upgrade to Leopard - 10.5.x. You can probably purchase a retail Leopard installer pack on eBay, Amazon, or Google.

For third-party software go to the publisher's website for upgrades. For other system upgrades use Software Update.

And, because you haven't told us anything about what you trying to upgrade, I don't see how we can help you further.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2013 2:18 PM in response to ckc1410

If his model has an 867 MHz or faster CPU then he can upgrade to Leopard - 10.5.x. You can probably purchase a retail Leopard installer pack on eBay, Amazon, or Google.

For third-party software go to the publisher's website for upgrades. For other system upgrades use Software Update.

And, because you haven't told us anything about what you trying to upgrade, I don't see how we can help you further.

what would be the most recent upgrade versions for an 'E-Mac'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.