Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line out on iPhone 5

Line out on iPhone 5?

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 1:18 PM

No

21 replies

Aug 10, 2013 1:49 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Using a headphone amp and currently plugging it into headphone jack on my iPhone. I understand that using line out to the amp will bypass the iPhone built-in hardware amp and allow my external amp to 'take that job'. True or no? So I looked for line out lightening cables with a male mini-jack on the other end and they don't exist that could find. So was considering an adapter to 30 pin which I can get a line out cable for. But will that work? Is there an internal hardware iPhone 5 issue that won't let that happen?

Aug 10, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Well, that was more info than I had, I guess the best way is just get the line out with the 30 pin cable and the lightening to 30 pin adapter and see. Have an adapter and Fiio has the $10 cable, so I (we) will see. Not sure if I'll even be able to tell, but higher volume might give that knowledge . Currently I have Sennheiser 380 Hd Pro cans and a Fiio e6 amp that I have to turn all the way up, not to hear, but to get a good sound field and the cans will take more power easily. so if this doesnt work like i hope, i will get the E11 amp with more power. Wish me luck and I will come back to this and give my report

Sep 1, 2013 4:12 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Jonathan,

Can you expand your details on Fiio amp connector?

I'm still using my ol' faithful first gen 37 weeker with Fiio 17 amp but will soon be upgrading to iPod with lightning connector.Could you post a link to your adaptor please?

Not been on here for ages but it's good to see the stalwarts are still around to mercilessly dissect their knowledge.

Regards

John

Line out on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.