Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my Playlists on ITunes transferred to my IPod Nano.

Just purchased first IPod Nano and have set up Playlists on my ITunes account on my desktop. I plugged the IPod into the pc and went into ITunes but can't figure out how to move the Playlists from ITunes to the IPod. Know it is really an easy question but if you don't know how to do it, it isn't. Thanks for any help.

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 2:51 PM

4 replies

May 31, 2014 12:38 PM in response to griff w

These instructions do not address transferring itunes PLAYLISTS to the ipod. As far as I can tell, it only gives instructions to transfer INDIVIDUAL SONGS to the ipod. And when there are thousands of INDIVIDUAL SONGS, it is not a pleasant task to perform. There used to be a way to transfer itunes PLAYLISTS into an ipod playlist...but it seems itunes wont leave well enough alone, they just want to make it more complicated for the users. I am developing a deep resentment for Apple. If you know better, please advise.

Jul 2, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Thompsog

Totally agree thompsog.

Not only have I lost over 4,ooo songs when I purchased my new laptop and tried to transfer my entire music library over, I also lost 75 percent off my ipod touch when trying to put some back onto my laptop that way (because Apple said it was tunes downloaded from my own personal collection). All I have now is the 300 odd songs that I have actually purchased from ITunes on there.

To top it all, I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to put these 300 songs onto a friends ipod nano ...Even made a playlist out of them and still no idea. It keeps asking 'Do you want to sync all the songs ONTO your laptop from this device? ...Noooooo Apple I want to bloody download one simple playlist to this Nano fgs! Grrrrrrrrrrr 😠

Why did they make it so complicated? I used to have no trouble at all with my music downloads/burning etc..I want to bin the whole lot tbh...

Ok rant over,I feel better now, kinda lol.

Jan 18, 2016 12:33 AM in response to 1974belle

As you want to move the playlists between iTunes and iPod Nano, you can choose many way to transfer. But in there, I want to share a simple approach to you. FonePaw iOS Transfer is a good method. First you must connect iTunes and iPod. Then, export the playlist you saved to iTunes library. Finally, open FonePaw iOS Transfer and then use it to transfer playlists from iTunes to iPod Nano.

How do I get my Playlists on ITunes transferred to my IPod Nano.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.