Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up iMac with Epson Wi-Fi printing

Apple has no driver for my Epson SX435W Wi-Fi printer so I got one from Epson and installed it successfully, my iMac said. Add Printer (via IP) could not find the driver, though and leaves me with 'Generic PS Printer'.

Where might I find the Epson driver on my Mac and force it to work, please?

The printer and the router know the printer's (DHCP) IP address on the network. Can I ditch the dynamic address to allow its intended static address to work?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), VMware, Synergy,

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 3:29 PM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2013 4:25 PM in response to Gottalight

Gottalight wrote:

Add Printer (via IP) could not find the driver, though and leaves me with 'Generic PS Printer'.

Print a Network Settings page from the Setup mode on the printer control panel to get the IP of the printer

In the Add Printer (IP) window, use the following...

Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD

Address: enter the IP address of the printer from the printed Network Settings page

Queue: can leave blank

Name: should automatically fill with the IP address input above

Print Using: click on "Generic PostScript Printer" and select "Select Printer Software..." A window will pop open with a list of all the print drivers on your computer. Scroll or filter for Epson SX435W and click it.

Click the Add button

See the section: Installing a wireless printer

As for setting a static IP address for the printer, see the Epson Network Config User Guide

HTH

Aug 11, 2013 11:32 PM in response to Gottalight

Gottalight wrote:

...'Select Printer Software' showed me ... the window is empty of drivers.

That's strange as I have a bunch of Apple print drivers and others brands that I think was part of the OS 10.7 pkg...

Anyway, try...

For Print Using: click on "Generic PostScript Printer" and select "Other..."

That should then open a Finder window where the Epson print driver should be.

Folders path to user installed print drivers: HD/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/

(FYI: This is a different path than the one that "Select Printer Software" opens.)

If the problem persist, check if you have the most recent version of EpsonNet Config on the Epson UK website.

Setting up iMac with Epson Wi-Fi printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.