Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding iPhone contacts to iCloud

I'm not a beginner with iPhone and apple.

But all this syncing and iCloud and mobile me and iDisk over the years has my head spinning.

I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad. I was wondering why only some of my iPhone contacts were syncing with my iPad.

I noticed that a LOT of my new and pre-existing contacts were labeled under "on my iPhone" versus "iCloud" contacts...ergo, not syncing to my iPad.

My laptop is not able to sync to iCloud given that it's running snow leopard.

How do I take ALLL my iPhone contacts and put them in my iCloud so they're sync capable across all my devices running icloud compatible OS?

I have duplicates on my phone and my address book is a mess.

Thanks for any help.

iPhone, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 4:42 PM

10 replies

Aug 10, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Dallas Kruse

I did this ...

iphone:

uncheck icloud sync "contacts"

selected to "Keep Contacts on iPhone"

Turned Sync Contacts back on

selected to MERGE contacts

that resolved my "on my iPhone" groups situation but now I've got double of just about every contact.

Is there an easy way to delete duplicates? Reminder, I don't have a computer to sync to that has the current OS capability to sync to iCloud. My laptop is older and can't run Lion or ML so syncing with "Address Book" is probably a moot point.

any thoughts are appreciated.

Feb 26, 2014 1:59 AM in response to mazelman

I've done the following and it worked:

1. Go to mac and open contacts

2. add your accounts where you've saved contacts + telephone numbers (for instance Gmail, Work etc)

3. Import contacts

4. Right click on account in Contacts and choose export Vcard.

5. Save Vcard on your computer

6. Go to icloud.com and sign in

7. Go to contacts

8. click on settings icon

9. Choose Import Vcard

10. Select your saved Vcard

11. Import

12. Now these contacts are on your iCloud account

13. Repeat for other accounts (gmail, word exchagne etc)

14. Now icloud automatically syns on your iphone and all your contacts are on your iphone and in iCloud

Hope this helps!

Adding iPhone contacts to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.