Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have to have a visa or master card to activate my apple id??

This is stupid nd a rip off. I don't have a visa or a master card to activate my apple id. I mean not everybody has one or don't want their accounts hacked nd their bills going up. Why do we have to do this, just to activate an account. LikeI said, it's a rip off. How dissapointing.

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 5:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2013 11:51 PM in response to CannibalxCandy

You don't need a credit card. How did you create the account ? If you followed the instructions on this page when creating the account then : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

e.g. if currently logged into an account then log out of it, then find a free app in the store and click on its free 'price', and click on 'create Apple id' on the popup that you then get. That will then give you the 'none' option on the payments screen, allowing you to download free items. If you want to be able to download paid-for items then you will need a valid payment method on your account

Why do I have to have a visa or master card to activate my apple id??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.