Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am giving my old ipad2 to my husband. How do I put his Apple ID on and take mine off without messing things up?

Another question... I am needing to remove items to give him more space for his items. How do I delete downloaded movies (purchased)?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 10:48 PM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2013 1:49 AM in response to Tawnalouise

All content that you downloaded onto the iPad from your account will be tied to your account, so only your account will be able to re-download it and download updates to those apps - and therefore your account should be authorised on the computer's iTunes that he will be syncing to (via the Store > Authorise This Computer menu option).

You cna log out of the currently logged in account by tapping on the id in Settings > iTunes & App Stores and he can then log in with his.

To delete films or tv shows from the Videos app, there should be an Edit button at the top right of the film/tv show selection screen. Or you can press and hold a film or tv show and after a second or two it should get an 'x' on its top left corner.

I am giving my old ipad2 to my husband. How do I put his Apple ID on and take mine off without messing things up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.