Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Issues

About a week ago my server stoped connecting to my Airport Extreme. I'm not sure why, but I have consulted the support community and have tried everything from other treads. When I try to connect to it, Server asks for the Airport passord. I carefully type the right password in and it says its the wrong password.

Thoughts? I still have apple care so I am going to call on Monday to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Stuart-

MAC MINI SERVER (LATE 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 9:34 PM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2013 11:43 PM in response to Stuart.Garlock

It isn't actually clear what you're asking here.

Are you talking about the server connecting wirelessly to the base station in order to connect to the network (e.g. like any other network client)?

Or are you talking about using AirPort Utility to manage the base station's settings?

The base station admin password and the wireless network password can be (and should be) completely different.

If you're having trouble connecting to the base station for network access, are other devices also having the same problem? or is it unique to this server?

If the problem is the latter - you're using the wrong password, or have forgotton the admin password, then Apple have a tech note on resetting the base station.

Aug 11, 2013 1:11 PM in response to Camelot

Clarification: I am connected through ethernet to the network. I am trying to use Server.app to manage the base station. The password is correct. I have reset all of my base stations to factory settings and reconfigured my network twice.

My server has worked fine for the last 9 months. Recently I started getting read errors from the base station. I have tried gong into /Library/Server/Network/Config/ and wiping out the network configuration file. The new file created by the system do not work. When I move the old file back into place that doesn't work either.

The base station admin password and the network password are both different. None of my other devices are having issues connecting. I have multiple Mac's windows machines, and iPhones that all have access. I can get in and out with airport utility, but I would like to establish port forwarding for some of my servers services.

What I need to know is why is my server not accepting my base station password. These people have had the same problem with no apparent resolution:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4138302?start=0&tstart=0

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Stuart-

Airport Extreme Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.