Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is possible to run SQL Server 2008 or 2005 and Visual Studio 2010 on new iMac 27 I7, 32GbRam ?

hi guys,

I'm planning to buy one iMac 27" with i7 processor and 32Gb of Ram.

I'm wondering if id possible to run on iMac the Microsoft Sql server 2008 or 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

I need this feature because my daily work is like a programmer in Microsoft platforms but I want for hobby to test and conding for osx.

I want to know if i buy the iMac I can work and with SQL and Visual studio under oSX, and if I can which is the requirments, I mean to software that must by instaled on iMac to support the Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio

Thanks in advance for reply and time accorded

Regards, Marian Sebastian Miucin

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 6:52 AM

Yes however you will need to install Windows 7 or later as Microsoft Sequal Server is not designed for OS X. You can run Windows either in Boot Camp or use virutalization application such as Parallels or VM Ware Fusion.

6 replies

Aug 27, 2015 8:10 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Rkaufmann87,

I know this was an old thread but I'm attempting now to do something similar and wondered what your results were.

I've got an old 2010 macbook pro which I've got vmware running on it, 16gb ram and 240GB SSD. I have installed visual studio 2012 ult and SQL Server 2008 express. For some reason I'm not seeing the sql server from vs2012. Firewall was taken all the way down and still no luck. I can connect to sql with the sql server manager. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kelly

Is possible to run SQL Server 2008 or 2005 and Visual Studio 2010 on new iMac 27 I7, 32GbRam ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.