Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yes I know this has been covered but not answered

Hi I have an IMac that is only a few weeks old with fully updated software on all levels.

Ok so I get that I had to go buy an external CD drive so that I can be old fashioned and still burn music from my CD's into ITunes. I get that I will have to replace my 5.1 surround sound speakers because Jacks and Plugs change over time.

What I cannot fathom is why this silly ISight camera just doesnt work on a chat site I have been a member of for years. Yes its a flash based chat room and no when you right click the ISight camera is not in the list there is only one in the list and it aint the built in one.

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find out how to control this camera - there is no camera or video control under the system preferences - I have ensured that Photobooth and other programs that may use the camera are off or logged out - I have googled extensively - I have even emailed the chat host...

Where can I get access to some camera controls or software that will enable the cam to talk with a broader range of sites??

Max

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), Brand new

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 6:55 AM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2013 8:24 AM in response to Max054

Ok so use  > System Preferences ... > Flash > Advanced to verify you have the latest Flash software update that is compatible with your system.

Ok so then also check  > System Preferences ... > Flash > Camera and Micto verify that your Flash settings are not blocking the camera for the site(s) you want.

Ok so if your trouble continues after the above, see How to Troubleshoot iSight.

Ok so at this point, if your ONLY trouble in every user account you tested is with Flash-based camera sites, you need Adobe Flash Player Help.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.4

Yes I know this has been covered but not answered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.