Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari data search

I have both Safari, V5.0.6, and Firefox, V3.6.16, on eMac with OS 10.5.8.

Firefox enables me to search via the small bar to the right of the http address line whether I.m logged in to FB or not. Whereas Safari opens at the Facebook site page I then enter the code and my Facebook page opens.

In Safari there is no search bar all I can do is input through Search for: People and Things

Can I adjust Safari to get the breadth of searches that Firefox gives?

Now have OS10X 10.5.8

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 1:30 PM

Sorry, but not on an outdated OS X such as Leopard v10.5 and the older version of Safari.

4 replies

Aug 12, 2013 3:22 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Too right - but why wouild Apple disable Safari when upgrading it? OR, did it never work smooth and easy and I always had to use the fox? Beats me - why bother to write code to disable the search box - but then I find that so much is made obsoletre when Apple upgrades - Flash, Roxio, Safari etc - I have no twinkle in my eye when it comes to Apple. I'm a pragmatist and don't wet my knickers when it comes to big business. When an Apple product works it's great - the best - but when in comes to the bottom line the line wins

Thanks for your speedy help - justy thought I'd have a whinge ;-)

Cheers Steve

safari data search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.