Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't autosave

Using keynote 5.3. Keep getting an error message, that keynote cannot AutoSave because the document has been changed by a different application. Like huh? What other application could that be.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 2:45 PM

I worked with tech support on the phone (2.5 hours) and we did not solve the problem, however, I encountered severe Keynote problems in the past and it was font related.

One of the first things I did when the problem started was to go to FontBook, select all the fonts and run a Validation. Then, the fonts with marked with an X, I removed. Unfortunately the problem continued and it seemed to be getting worse. Now, I couldn't save files without a warning coming up and I was losing the photos that were placed in the doc.

The tech had me do a safe boot, open a new user, etc. The new user worked but who wants to switch back an forth between users just to do a Keynote preso??

As is often the case when you are at your wits end, you go back over things you have already done. I went back to FontBook and ran the validation again. Much to my surprise all the X fonts were still there. Hmmm. So, I went in and manually deleted these varmints.

Problem solved. Now the corrupt files are still corrupt but I was able to create a new presentation, clean from errors.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2013 2:45 PM in response to E Denison

I worked with tech support on the phone (2.5 hours) and we did not solve the problem, however, I encountered severe Keynote problems in the past and it was font related.

One of the first things I did when the problem started was to go to FontBook, select all the fonts and run a Validation. Then, the fonts with marked with an X, I removed. Unfortunately the problem continued and it seemed to be getting worse. Now, I couldn't save files without a warning coming up and I was losing the photos that were placed in the doc.

The tech had me do a safe boot, open a new user, etc. The new user worked but who wants to switch back an forth between users just to do a Keynote preso??

As is often the case when you are at your wits end, you go back over things you have already done. I went back to FontBook and ran the validation again. Much to my surprise all the X fonts were still there. Hmmm. So, I went in and manually deleted these varmints.

Problem solved. Now the corrupt files are still corrupt but I was able to create a new presentation, clean from errors.

can't autosave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.