Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my eMac to recognize a compatible wireless usb dongle? I have downloaded driver, but get error message "unable to read dictionary...not scriptable.'

How do I get my eMac to recognize a compatible wireless usb dongle? I have downloaded the PowerPC driver, but when I try to run the setup.exe I get error message "unable to read dictionary...not scriptable.' My can access the internet through an ethernet cable.

eMac-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 12:05 PM

Hello,

I think you got the wrong driver, .exe files are PC/Windows only.

What brand/model is it?

9 replies

Aug 11, 2013 1:18 PM in response to BDAqua

I unzipped the file and went through the installation process for the driver only. I still have not had an option to setup the usb adapter. I am not that familiar with Mac's so it could be a simple solution, but I not know where to look to see if the computer recognnizes that the usb adapter is even there. The light on the adapter is flashing.

Aug 12, 2013 8:43 AM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua, thanks for the attempt, but it was a lost cause due to software issue. I took it to Apple store and the computer had software issues that prevented updates and were causing everything to crash. Peter (San Diego - Fashion Valley store) was able to reinstall 10.4 software, then updated with the 10.4.11 combo software and it will now recognize the wireless network. He had to use an external hardrive to re-install the base software as any attempt to update kept crashing. Once re-installed, the computer could update the 10.4.11 combo. Not enough mhz to download 10.5 software. Appreciate the effort on your part.

How do I get my eMac to recognize a compatible wireless usb dongle? I have downloaded driver, but get error message "unable to read dictionary...not scriptable.'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.