Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iPad 2 iOS

Hi,

I am trying to update my iOS on my iPad 2. I connected to a MacBook, synced the two, and tried updating the iOS. Instead this message popped up,

"The iPad software update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

I went online and my network connection is fine, so why can't I update my iPad's iOS?

Thank you for your help!

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 11:50 AM

7 replies

Aug 12, 2013 2:22 PM in response to ashimota25

Thanks for all your help, but I am connecting it to a computer that has iTunes and the message that I entered above pops up. I do not have iOS 5 updated on it, and I am trying to use it with the newest iOS but cannot.

I want to run my iPad with the most up-to-date iOS but cannot, so could someone help me out how to do this. I connected it to iTunes and the message:

"The iPad software update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

popped up so threfore I was unable to update the iPad. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem as my network connection is working just fine.

Thanks!

Update iPad 2 iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.