Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not displaying correct battery percentage

I have tried shutting the phone off and restarting it, and upon restart it would show the correct percentage but would stay stuck at that percentage.

I have also done three hard resets, the second of which caused my phone to restart itself every two or three minutes.

However, all hard resets yielded the same results (incorrect percentage, reboot, correct percentage but stays stuck there).

FWIW, the phone is not jailbroken.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 4:22 AM

To calibrate your battery, charge it to full and use it till it switches off by itself then charge it to full again.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

4 replies

Aug 12, 2013 9:23 PM in response to ckuan

UPDATE: So I used my phone until it ran out of battery, then plugged it into the computer to charge it again. Now I can't connect to iTunes, and I'm getting an error message that says something along the lines of "invalid response from device."

I really hope I didn't just brick my phone...should I just wait for it to charge back up and then connect it back to iTunes after it's at full charge?

Aug 12, 2013 9:41 PM in response to LVRobMan

Do it 2 times (full charge then play a game or just use it until it switches off) and use the wall power adapter to charge this time.

In between, do a reset

Reset: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Note: You will not lose any data

Message was edited by: ckuan

iPhone 5 not displaying correct battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.