Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't understand the Media Browser. After I "share" an iMovie project to iDVD via the Media Browser, if I go back and edit the project in iMovie again, does the old project stay in Media Browser forever?

I don't understand how the Media Browser works. After I "Share" an iMovie 11 project to iDVD via the Media Browser, all is well and good. But if I go back and make edits to the original project in iMovie, then I have to Share it again to iDVD. But the "old" project I first Shared still stays in the Media Browser, right? It can't be deleted without deleting my whole work, right? I can't get my head on straight with the best way to "Share" or "Import" projects into iDVD so that I don't have old, unwanted projects cluttering up the place after I've made new edits. Thanks for your thoughts.

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 9:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2013 10:22 AM in response to OldTeach

Hi

But if I go back and make edits to the original project in iMovie, then I have to Share it again to iDVD.

To me it doesn't stay

BUT - There is a BUG in iDVD that makes this action - to go back for a final adjustment - A REAL PROBLEM.

If You set Chapter Marks in Your Movie - in iMovie or FinalCut or in whatever Video-editor.

- Then backs to correct anything (at all - even just a wrong spelling)

- iDVD notice this next time opening - and ask You to Up-date or Cancel

Non of them Works

- Cancel - do not retun You in the original (e.g. miss spelled) format

- Up-date - will mosty noticable set ALL CHAPTERS to Chapter One ! (and other strange things occures too)

There are a Medicine to this - by trashing iDVD Encoded Assetts

- Here "Radera kodade mediafiler"

User uploaded file

BUT

I rather start a Brand New iDVD project. Tedious to re-do it but then all will be well.

Yours Bengt W

I don't understand the Media Browser. After I "share" an iMovie project to iDVD via the Media Browser, if I go back and edit the project in iMovie again, does the old project stay in Media Browser forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.