Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I find "hidden" photos in iPhoto

I have 10,000 photos in iPhoto. It says I have 3 "hidden" photos. I don't know why they are hidden. So, I want to look at those three photos to decide whether I want to keep them, trash them, or continue to hide them. However, it is not clear in Help whether there is an easy way to do that. It sounds like the only was is to show hidden photos among the 10,000 and then one by one check each of the 10,000 out. Not worth it. Does anybody know an easy way to show just those photos that are hidden???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 1:04 PM

Two things:

• Enable the display of "Hidden" photos in the "View" menu.
  • User uploaded file
  • And then create a smart album of hidden photos:
    From the "File" menu. File > New > Smart album,
    add a rule: Photo is Hidden.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

6 replies

Aug 12, 2013 4:27 PM in response to LarryHN

I didn't mean literally in the trash, but like a trash file called "hidden photos." Or a view option of seeing just hidden photos. Or a sort option of hidden photos. Just seems to me that the developer could make it easier for users to find "hidden" photos. But, I guess that's why the developers called them "hidden", cause you can't find them.

how do I find "hidden" photos in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.