Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Timeout

Time out error on brandnew MBP. Can't connect tonetwork to update system

I checked:

1. operating mode is same as router - ok

2. Wifi in visible mode is detected by MBP -ok

3. MBP is correct registered in router list of connected devices - ok

4. MAC address is correct listed in router - ok

5. Problem occurs also with WiFi in open mode -confirmed

6. Connect of unregistered Windows devices works fine - ok

7. IPad / Iphone connect works only if Wifi is in visible mode (only required for Apple devices)

8. No other networks overlap the wifi - ok

It's only this MBP what makes trouble,

I did some searches and found tons of similar cases but strategy what to do?

One common advice is to shut down, to wait and then try again.... Or it is stated that this happen randomly...

I even found a solution from affected user that he switch back to old device in periods whennthis happen on his newer Mac.

Anything what can be done?

Many thanks for assistance!

Motion Computing Tablet-OTHER, Windows XP, I regret I orderd an Apple thing

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 6:34 PM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2013 7:00 PM in response to ramamara

First contact your ISP. You need to confirm that the issue is not on their end.

Change your router channel. Sometimes this is all you will have to do.

Power cycling the router. Read the router's user manual or contact their tech support for instructions.

System Preferences/Internet & Network/Network

Unlock the padlock

Locations: Automatic

Highlight Airport

Click the Assist Me button

In the popup window click the Diagnostic button.

System Preferences/Network- Unlock padlock. Highlight Airport. Network Name-select your name. Click on the Advanced button. Airport/Preferred Networks-delete all that is not your network.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined." Click the OK button and lock the padlock. Restart your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1920 Mac OS: How to release and renew a DHCP lease

No internet connection (wireless)

Check to see if an extra entry is present in the DNS Tab for your wireless connection (System Preferences/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS).

Delete all extra entries that you find.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined."

Other resources to check into:

Configuring 802.1X in Mac OS X Lion and Later

Non-responsive DNS server or invalid DNS configuration can cause long delay before webpages load

Netspot

How to diagnose and resolve Wi-Fi slow-downs

Pv6 troubleshooting

OS X Mountain Lion: Check the status of your network connections

OS X Mountain Lion: Requirements for wireless Internet access

What Affects Wireless Internet?

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

If using one of Apple's Airport routers, read its user manual or post in its forum area. If using a 3rd party router, read its user manual, contact their tech support department/website or post in its forum area. Another possible solution - read mammothsuziq response https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4096745?answerId=22082360022#22082360022

You are still under warranty. Call Apple Care. Make sure you get a case number as all repairs have an additional 90 days of warranty.

#1 - You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your computer with no questions asked.

#2 - You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support.

#3 - You have the standard one year Apple warranty.

#4 - If you've purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, your warranty last for 3 years. You can obtain AppleCare anytime up to the first year of the purchase of your computer.

Take FULL advantage of your warranty. Posting on a message board should be done as a last resort and if you are out of warranty or Apple Care has expired.

User uploaded file

Wifi Timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.