Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod says I only have 1.7 gigs of space left when all I have is 1.5 gigs of music and 15 mb of photo roll. How do I fix this?

I should only have around 1.6 gb used not 4. Something.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 8:06 PM

1 reply

Aug 13, 2013 5:25 AM in response to Johnyboy13

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

An "other" larger that about 1 1/2 GB usually indicates that the "other" includes corrupted files.

First try:

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

My iPod says I only have 1.7 gigs of space left when all I have is 1.5 gigs of music and 15 mb of photo roll. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.