Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Following mailto link in Safari

Whenever I follow a mailto link in Safari on my iPad 3, I get a grey screen overlaying the mail template and I'm unable to proceed without force quitting Safari.

Any idea how to fix this, or is it a known bug? (I am fairly sure this is not a site dependent issue.)

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 5:46 AM

Clear Safari and then try it again.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Clearing the history is not absolutely necessary but clear cookies and data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2013 5:46 AM in response to Arkouda

Clear Safari and then try it again.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Clearing the history is not absolutely necessary but clear cookies and data.

Following mailto link in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.