Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad (1st generation) was stolen. How can I disconnect it from iCloud?

AS the device has gone, but is still connected the robbers have access to all the contenct stored in icloud. How can I disconnect it from icloud ??

iPad

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 6:16 AM

If you can, do better then disconnecting from icloud, enable lost mode. It will lock ipad and they will not be able to see data on ipad. They will still be able to use it after restore as new. If you just want to make sure they out of your icloud, you just need to change icloud password on that site.

iforgot.apple.com

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2013 6:16 AM in response to traintraveller

If you can, do better then disconnecting from icloud, enable lost mode. It will lock ipad and they will not be able to see data on ipad. They will still be able to use it after restore as new. If you just want to make sure they out of your icloud, you just need to change icloud password on that site.

iforgot.apple.com

Apr 26, 2015 12:50 AM in response to fromsouth

Good morning Fromsouth,

I saw you gave very good advice to traintraveller and thought maybe you can gave me advice on my daughter's stolen ipad...

Our house was broken into this past thursday and the burglars took her ipad along with a couple hp laptops. I have since changed my apple & icloud ID and passwords, but still seeing it showing up as logged in when I go check device usage in my icloud's setting. The ipad location option was set on OFF, which means I have no way of tracking it. So How can I use icloud channel to lock it out of my icloud? I already done signing out everywhere thru icloud's adance data & security feature. Greatly appreciate for any advice you can provided.

dtran_sj

Apr 26, 2015 6:08 AM in response to dtran_sj

Morning to you as well.

Do not remove it from icloud. Removing will allow thieves to activate ipad, by this fetching better price. That is the whole point of activation lock. That also increases chances of someone turning it to police, when they sell to that person. Not that they are huge, but some people when realize that they can use it

anyway, do not mind turning in.

My ipad (1st generation) was stolen. How can I disconnect it from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.