Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

active sense error old roland keyboard

I have seen this on a thread or 2. I am running a Roland MKB-1000 (ancient but unmatched touch). I purchased mainstage 3 recently, running with M-Audio firewire 1814 and mac mini QC i7 2.3/1TBx5400. Love mainstage so far; used Pro Tools on stage for years, this is a dream comparatively, for a live-type environment. However, I have the old problem I've seen around, but haven't seen a fix for: old roland controller sends the active sense messages, so mainstage gets them and shuts off all output if there's no inbound signal from the keyboard. Very problematic with piano; not so bad with organ because organ touch rarely lets off completely anyway. Anyone know how to fix this?

MainStage, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), mini i7 QC, MA fw1814, roland mkb1k

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 1:32 PM

Ok never mind. I figured out how to teach my concert how to ignore cc123 (all output off) messages sent by Roland's midi "active sense." In the concert menu, you add a map for cc123 and tell it to ignore all. Worked great, thanks to "Bluebird" in a different string for putting me on the trail.

1 reply

active sense error old roland keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.