Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad will not respond to anything when i touch the email Icon a square appears around it and it wont go anywhenre

My ipad does not respond to anything i do it is like stuck, when I click on the mail icon a hylighted square appears

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 4:15 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Goweynancy

If you get the same box whichever app that you tap then it sounds like you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple-Click Home.

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling e.g. to open the Settings tap it so that it gets the box around it, and then double-tap it to open it) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

my ipad will not respond to anything when i touch the email Icon a square appears around it and it wont go anywhenre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.