Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 problems charging

Hello I'm wondering if anyone can help me. My iPhone is a couple of months old since I got it at the end of May. I'm forever constantly charging my phone so atleast once or twice daily. I've noticed that ever since I've bought the phone the charger wire has become a little bent up at where the charger plungs into the phone but it hasn't broken completely. Just recently I've had some problems with the charging of my phone, it still charges but when I plug the charger in, it never starts charging straight away, I have to take it out and switch it around and try that way or do it again until it eventually starts charging. I hope it's nothing to do with the phone itself and it's just the wire. What have you suggest that I do because it's a fairly new phone and I do understand that I haven't looked after the charger cable very well but If I do get one next time I will make sure that I keep it straight and not to bend the wire as this was my first iPhone and I wasn't sure about it ect. I don't know if this problem is linked in with it but another thing that happens rarely is that my phone doesn't charge completely to 100% but this happens when I leave it over night which I rarely do, I was just wondering if that was linked in with the cable breaking or if it's part of a safety thing so that it doesn't ruin the battery as I've left it overnight.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 4:57 AM

1 reply

iPhone 5 problems charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.