Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download some of my past purchases

This problem suddenly appeared a while back when synching my iPad. iTunes reported that some of my books couldn't be synched because they couldn't be found. The books have a '!' beside them and seem to have disappeared from my Mac (ie the actual file has disappeared).

Following the instructions I've seen on Apple's support pages I went to the store in iTunes, went to Purchased and the books appear there, but all have a 'downloaded' button greyed out. If I select 'not on this computer' instead of 'All' then the books disappear. I have deleted one of these books from my library to see if I could force iTunes to notice I don't have it currently downloaded, to no avail.

The books appear to still be on the store (I search for them and the price is there for a moment until that changes to 'downloaded' and greys out.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), itunes 11.04

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 11:15 AM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2013 11:33 AM in response to joffaVMax

If the ibooks are no longer listed in the Books part of your computer's iTunes library then they should get the cloud symbol against them on the Purchased link under Quicklinks - I've just tried it on my Mac and after deleting a book from my library I had to close and re-open iTunes before the cloud symbol would appear against it in Purchased

Jun 8, 2015 6:09 AM in response to joffaVMax

Why I can't download my past purchases on my computer? i receive message in my itunes account: This computer is already associated with an Apple ID. You can download past purchases in his computer with just one Apple ID every 90 days. This computer can be used with a different Apple ID in 79 days. The problem is my computer is brand new. It's my frist time I try download my past purchases. So, I need waiting 79 days to try again my past purchases download????

Jun 8, 2015 6:23 AM in response to dorita728

The 90 day association can start due to iTunes Match, Family Sharing and automatic downloads, as well as redownloading past purchases : Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

If you can't wait until the 90 days have completed then you can try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will remove the association : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

I can't download some of my past purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.