Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Came with Half Graphics Memory (I think)

On the first of August, I got my refurbished 15" Retina MacBook Pro (FC975LL/A). According the the Apple Storeitem listing, it says it "Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory". According to About This Mac, it says I have an "Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB". Where did the other 512mb go? Is there a listing error on the Apple web site, or is my computer actually missing some memory?

Thanks,

Will

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Core i7 2.3ghz, 8gb RAM, 256 SSD

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 10:39 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2013 10:47 AM in response to themidnightwill

The 1 GB of VRAM refers to the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GPU, not Intel HD Graphics 4000. This GPU uses more VRAM if you have more RAM > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3246#intel4000

There's nothing wrong with your MacBook. Your MacBook will switch to the NVIDIA GPU when you run an app that needs it, or you can use it by disabling graphic switching in System Preferences > Energy Saver

MBP Came with Half Graphics Memory (I think)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.