Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motion 5 page curl filter won't work in FCPX

I opened Centered title from FCP in Motion then added text with an outline and drop shadow. Also placed an image behind text in center group. Finally added Page Curl within and at top of Centered group. Now this works perfectly in Motion 5 and when skimming the thumbnail in FCP's title media browser, but once it is placed in the FCP project itself, the page curl attribute does not work. I have been unable to find a reason (or reasons) why at this point.

Thanks!

Motion Layout:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 11:26 PM

It's likely you turned off the Animate parameter in the Page Curl filter.

Have you Published any of the Page Curl parameters to FCPX, like all but Mix? That will make the Page Curl effect completely customizable in FCPX, and, with Animate turned off, you can keyframe the effect "progress" via the Percent parameter.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2013 11:26 PM in response to Imagine That

It's likely you turned off the Animate parameter in the Page Curl filter.

Have you Published any of the Page Curl parameters to FCPX, like all but Mix? That will make the Page Curl effect completely customizable in FCPX, and, with Animate turned off, you can keyframe the effect "progress" via the Percent parameter.

Aug 14, 2013 2:00 PM in response to fox_m

Turning Animate off worked! Thank you.

Per your answer, publishing only the parameters I wanted did allow me to keyframe it in FCP with the same effects I'd orginally set up in Motion with Animate on. But, I'm still flummoxed as to why all my iterations with Animation on would not work in FCP.

It is likely obvious that I am a new user to Motion so your help has opened the whole area of "publishing" parameters for use in FCP for me. Thank you very much.

motion 5 page curl filter won't work in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.