Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to get the "Burn" icon (yellow and black circle) to pop up in iDVD.

I am unable to get the "Burn" icon, yellow and black circle, to pop up/begin my dvd burn. This would be my first iDVD burn with my new iMac and SuperDrive. I have burn other items onto dvd with the SuperDrive.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 4:17 PM

6 replies

Aug 13, 2013 10:20 PM in response to 88macs

Hi

Burn and iDVD ?

Burn is one program to author Video-DVDs - iDVD a completely different one and much much more competent.

User uploaded file

So - Exactly what are You trying to do ?

Is it so that You've got movie material that You want to burn onto a Video-DVD and use Burn as program to do this ?

Is it so that Burn - doesn't even starts ? at all ?

Please tell

• Where does the problem start ?

• What material do You use

- Video-Codec,

- photo and audio file format

- DVD-disk brand e.g. Verbatim

- DVD type e.g. SL-DVD-R

And much more - just to set us up on a track on where to the problem might be residing.

Got another thougth - OR IS IT LIKE THIS

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

If it looks like the last picture - then You must first add a movie to iDVD to get it to look like the above one.

When I click on the gray circkle - I get an error message - that something is wrong with the iDVD project.

Do You get an error message too ? What does it read ?

Yours wanting to be of more help - Bengt W

Aug 14, 2013 4:04 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Bengt W,

Thanks for the help.

I am experiencing the second picture. I am able to "Preview DVD Playback" and it goes through the movie with no glitches. However, when I go to "Burn this iDVD project to disc" the yellow and black, chemical/hazard icon does not open. It stays a gray circle like the second picture. I have done this process a hundred time before, but never with my new iMac and SuperDrive. I receive no error message when I try to click it.

Any more suggestions?

I am unable to get the "Burn" icon (yellow and black circle) to pop up in iDVD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.