Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was in the process of installing, so I left my computer for a little, came back and it says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" it tell me to restart, which I do and then comes right back to this.. any suggestions?

error message says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." but when I restart the screen flashes and just brings me right back here

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 4:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 13, 2013 5:19 PM in response to Athl3t3

Safe boot should be an option as well as normal or without network

you could also try Windows DVD automatic repair, use last restore check point, make sure it had enough free space

also making a 2nd account and maybe use standard non-admin for general use

you installed a driver, or patch tuesday or your hibernation file used all the free space.

I was in the process of installing, so I left my computer for a little, came back and it says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" it tell me to restart, which I do and then comes right back to this.. any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.