Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linksys WUMC710 bridge crashes Airport Extreme (802.11ac) network

I have just bought the Linksys/Cisco WUMC710 802.11ac bridge to use with my Apple Airport Extreme (the 802.11ac). After resolving some channel related issues getting the Linksys to see the network, I now find that after about 30 seconds of having the Linksys on the wireless network, it causes the Airport to go into an error mode (orange flashing light) and the whole wireless and wired network (running through the Airport) fluctuates or disappears entirely. Powering down the Linksys restores everything back to normal.

I am on latest Airport firmware, and v1.0.1 for the Linksys. The Linksys is about 5m away from the Airport at the moment. Security is WPA2 personal.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 7:16 PM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2014 1:04 PM in response to Matt Tavani

After 2 days of headache configuring the Linksys & the AirPort Extreme I got it working with the latest Linksys Firmware 1.00.1 -

My problem: WUMC710 didn't even see the Airport network

How I did it:

- configure the WUMC710 manually (WLAN SID, WPA2 key)

- set the AirPort Extreme channels manually

- my AirPort runs in "bridge" mode (dhcp)

Linksys WUMC710 bridge crashes Airport Extreme (802.11ac) network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.